Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Join Us

S3 Rebuild!

Discussion in 'Work in progress' started by jezk, Apr 24, 2015.

1. jezk

jezk New Member

Tomorrow I'm making a start on taking my engine out for a rebuild. It's a 2001 beetle originally a 1.8t but has a S3 BAM engine conversion with a ko4 turbo, nuspeed induction and a remap, took it to the garage for a new brake servo and decided to die whilst there. Not gonna mess about with blaming the garage as I know the guy and I don't think it's anything he's done, just bad timing! Literally! I've never done anything this big before so I'll be getting someone to rebuild it for me when it's out but I want to save as much labour as I can. Also don't know if it's us any internal upgrades before but I'll be looking to do some but don't know what so advice would be good! Still on side mount inter cooler so I'm also going to out a big front mount on, move the battery to the boot and free some space to get some better airflow to the induction. Anyone got advice as to where to start on upgrades? Don't want stupid bhp but over 300 would be great. Was probably running somewhere between 260-270 before. hoping to get it done in under 8 weeks as I dont have loads of spare time. Pics to follow! :)
  2. Evvee

Evvee New Member

any updates on this one?