Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Join Us

Beetle S3 Turbo Engine conversion 280bhp

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by jezk, Oct 29, 2013.

1. jezk

jezk New Member

My beetle may be up for sale, not sure if im selling yet. i dont want to sell it but i may have to as its just my fun car as all kids dont fit in lol

2001 silver beetle, near fsh, 105k miles, full leather

mods are
    S3 engine conversion
    K04 turbo upgrade
    full miltek exhaust system
    18 alloys (10" wide on rear with stretched tyres, 9 on front)
    brakes upgraded
    rear spolier
    carbon bonnet
    rolled, flared arches
    weisser coilovers
    headlight eyebrows
    turbo timer
    boost gauge
    had other stuff but cant think at the mo

not sure what its worth?? any ideas what i should ask for it? its a seriously fast beetle, will add some pics soon. R32 Eater :)
  2. Darwin

Darwin Active Member

IT Manager
    Home page:
    Doh , re read the advert.
  3. Zedhead

Zedhead Active Member

Product Manager
    ohh pics please - dont want to buy it but i do want to see it!
  4. jezk

jezk New Member

A better discription

VW Beetle 1.8T, Audi S3 BAM engine conversion, K04 Turbo upgrade, Induction kit, upgraded brakes, dump valve, boost gauge, turbo timer, carbon wrap bonnet, black wrap roof and boot, coil overs, headlight eyebrows, clear rear lights, full miltek stainless exhaust, full leather,issota flat bottom steering wheel, short shifter, few bits done carbon inside, heated seats, full electrics, top spec, 105k miles, near fsh, Also got spoiler and turbo spoiler on roof, also HID headlight conversion. Alloys are 18's - with 10 inchwide on the back with streched tyres, fronts are 9's, remote central locking, alarm, tax and mot, 280BHP seriously fast, R32 EATER !!!

any questions ask away :)

View attachment 4721

View attachment 4722

View attachment 4723

View attachment 4724

View attachment 4725
  5. dwain dibbly

dwain dibbly Evvo Moderator Staff Member

sorry we need a price asper forum rules :) :)

also out of interest "rolled, flared archers"??
    they look stock in the photos, do you have pics of them "flared" ??
  6. andy07841

andy07841 Member

Wouldn't mind a pic of the engine bay?
  7. jezk

jezk New Member

hey, not sure about arches, previous owner said flared, i think theyre just rolled, so can sit lower on coilovers, could have it lower but speed bumps around my area are stopping me haha.. and ive got a pic of engine bay... doesnt look much because its got cover on :) ill put it on now
  8. jezk

jezk New Member

9. jezk

jezk New Member

oh and not sure on price to be honest... £3400??
  10. Beetlejuic3

Beetlejuic3 Member

Any dyno readouts?
  11. scoobyra

scoobyra Member

Not wishing to put your car down (it does look very nice), what have you done to it to get 280BHP? I've got two S3's, one with a revo remap that make 265bhp and another with a jabbasport conversion that makes around 312bhp. To get that sort of figure it had a VF34 turbo, manifold, injectors, front mount intercooler, uprated FPR, full milltek inc cat. etc.

Price may be a bit high cos £4000 would buy my Jabbasport S3

Good luck with it though because I think it looks the dogs gonads
  12. scoobyra

scoobyra Member

Doesn't look like a BAM engine... looks more like an early AGU lump as the inlet mani is wrong
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  13. Beetlejuic3

Beetlejuic3 Member

Points the wrong way for a start.
  14. TURBODAZE1973

TURBODAZE1973 Member

Machine Operator
    I'm running a BAM Motor in my bug and thats putting down 290hp..... Custom large side mount,JBS Manifold, ECS pulleys,X-Power 3" downpipe with 200 cell race cat and custom Milltek system. Had all pipework fabricated to look factory beetle and not S3/TT. Mapped by Stealth motorsport. So could be Bam with beetle pipework but speaking from experience it was alot of work so price would be about right if its all custom like mine.
  15. scoobyra

scoobyra Member

What turbo are you running with that? I've got all of that on my S3 and then some to get to 312bhp. It was making 349bhp but kept blowing my VF34 apart cos I had to run silly psi to get there lol:)
  16. retro boy

retro boy Evvo VIP Club Member

4x4 mechanic
    Looks like a sweet car but it all sounds like a should run 280bhp more than a does run 280bhp as mine has just blown the turbo so looking at serious power upgrades but the amount of work is far more than what you say has been done.
  17. TURBODAZE1973

TURBODAZE1973 Member

Machine Operator
    Running a brand spanking new KO4 thats all B-)JBS Manifold makes a massive difference but the mapping is key. Stealth have a massive rep in VW Circles and the guys at Turner race Developments who helped with my swap take nearly all there custom stuff to them. Intercooler was an 80 notes jobbie off ebay and its the nuts, as good as any I've seen. Would love front mount to take it over 300 brake but cooling from front of car is so limited it worries me obstructing the intake to the rad. Motors also only covered around 20/30,000miles. Would like to get ABD or Intergrated engineering inlet mani next then KO4 hybrid
  18. jezk

jezk New Member

yeah i know what you all are saying, it has had other stuff done to the engine but im no mechanic and i got the car like this. Im waiting for all the info from the previous owner and ill update when i get it for you to see whats ya's think. Its got BAM stamped on the engine, but im gonna take it down to the garage and see what they say, also im hopefully gonna take it down to rolling road to test the BHP too, just need to get a new boost pipe as its split coming from inter cooler yesterday, but i was giving it some boost tho, and i think it cant be far off 280 as it leaves a tt quattro 225 standing :) Cheers for the replys anyway, good to get some feedback on it. To be honest a few weeks ago i wouldnt have even thought about getting a new beetle, didnt really like them until i saw this. Never really seen any modded ones before but loads on here that are sweet and i love the driving position in them! was gonna get a TT but love to see someones face when they cant keep up in there 25k car haha, would defo get another.. Wish i could keep this one but my Family car has just gone bang so think its gonna have to go. What do you think i should ask for it then seriously?? or should i put it on ebay?? babbling a bit now so ill leave it at that haha,
  19. jezk

jezk New Member

ill get a pic with the engine cover off at some point
  20. TURBODAZE1973

TURBODAZE1973 Member

Machine Operator
    The newbie unfortunately still carrys a bit of a stigma so not a massive market for them. But this is the reason I went nuts on mine as is probably the motivation behind all the highly modded examples. I just love pissin' the local ricers off who dare to mock it !!! Put it out there at your price and see what happens. All the best dude ( could never sell mine cuz it owes me stacks)