Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Join Us

2001 9c Custom Beetle 2.0 8v – Pastel Green/weitec/weichers Cage/1552 Tarmacs

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by mugly, Jan 11, 2017.

1. mugly

mugly New Member

Up for sale is my 9C new beetle that I took in p/x against my Audi. I’ve done a few bits and pieces and had some fun with it but was always my intention to move it on. It’s been super reliable and drives perfectly.
    I'm sure it's a familiar car to most on here being originally built by Dan Noble.

2001 ‘Y’ reg, non-sunroof model, pastel green, PAS, ABS, electric windows, electric mirrors, remote central locking, air conditioning, folder full of receipts/history/previous MOT’s etc.
    This was featured in Fast Car in 2014 (magazine included)
    Mileage is around 117k.
    MOT till 1st March 2017
    No tax as current rules but is taxed and in use
    I am the 9th owner, V5 is present and in my name

Engine
    ‘AQY’ engine code, 2.0 8v (115bhp) with 5 speed manual O2J gearbox. Starts and pulls cleanly through the rev range in all gears with no nasty noises or smoke. This is the later cross flow engine, ideal for a turbo or supercharger conversion or a set of carbs/throttle bodies, cambelt replaced at 106k, TT backbox with RHS pipe containing the rear fog light, Neuspeed induction kit, returns 35-40mpg on a steady run at 75/80mph, being stripped out it’s a little bit quicker than a stock 2.0 beetle.

Paint/bodywork
    Repainted in aircooled L11 pastel green in 2013. Paintwork I would describe as 7/10 with a few marks etc commensurate with age/use, roof will need paint due to crazing, rear arches and bumper have some visible sanding marks that may flat/buff out. Bonnet has been debadged and smoothed, bootlid has been debadged and had the 3[sup]rd[/sup] brakelight removed and smoothed, solenoid that works from the keyfob for boot release, roof aerial deleted, smoothed V5/turbo S front bumper with relocated indicators, smoothed V5 rear bumper with TT rear valance blended in, Votex sideskirts, LHD Projektzwo mirrors modified for RHD visibility, original numberplate holder sectioned 5” and relocated to bumper grill and fitted with 50% tinted plates. Engine bay is still in the original yellow paint.

Wheels/suspension
    Fifteen52 Tarmacs – 18x8.5 et35 with 215/40 tyres, repainted white with new graphics (few little chips/grazes but nothing serious, refurb isn’t the best)
    Weitec Hicon GT coilovers with H&R anti roll bars, fully polybushed so is very firm but rides surprisingly well considering and is very chuckable.
    Drilled/grooved discs and new pads front and rear

Interior
    JDM street sport option 2 full carbon backed passenger SPG bucket seat, drivers seat is a Magnum with Recaro covers - color coded rear shells on cobra sliding subframes, Willans 3 point harnesses, Rare Momo Daytona 3 steering wheel and momo boss with airbag resistor, carbon fibre gearknob, mk5 gti interlagos headliner, beetle cup front door cards with grey alcantara tops and mk5 gti interlagos cloth centres with german square weave carpeted bottoms, carbon door pulls, german square weave carpets, new mats, weichers rollcage, grey alcantara dash top and undertrays, all interior ABC pillars and associated fixings have been removed and exposed metal painted satin black, alloy door pins, alloy mirror adjuster, Audi TT alloy pedals, Panasonic CD player with Phoenix Golf 6x9’s in a removable rear MDF board. Interior is pretty much sorted in my opinion.

Points to note/jobs to be done:-
    Needs a good detail and some paintwork to the roof/rear arches/rear bumper due to crazing/micro blistering in places.
    Passenger mirror still has poor visibility.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

£2600 ono

It’s had a great deal of time and custom modifications done which aren’t immediately noticeable unless you know what you’re looking for, just needs refreshing in some areas to get it back to it’s former glory (I’ve freshened/updated a few areas already). Ideal for a lairy engine transplant. Would make a fantastic fast road/track weapon or show car.
    Great base to carry on modifying.
    Ideally looking for a cash sale as I’ve got my eye on something.

07973 907322
    Stockton Heath, Warrington